I don't know if people have seen this news before.

Not long ago this year, a celebrity couple in China, actor Sun Hai’ying and actress Lv Li’ping, tweeted how homosexuality were sinister, quoting the Bible and promoting homophobia via China’s major microblog service, Sina Weibo. And this intrigue a whirlwind of argument through the country.

The biggest national broadcaster in China seriously slapped Lü Liping for crossing the line and stoke homophobia.

http://www.fridae.asia/newsfeatures/2011/07/05/10986.earth-shattering-cctv-slams-l-liping-for-stoking-homophobia-gives-nod-to-chinas-gay-community

I feel very surprised that mainland authoritative media (which is under highly restriction by the government) begins to get this kind of open-minded concept expose to the public. As the report says, gay movement is fresh in mainland China, there is still a long way to go.
----------------------------------
It is very common that people use religion to crack down on homosexuality. I know some people who are christian but also homosexual. Exactly, what conflict is it? What do you think about it?