Beauté, Santé et Forme: Fashion Undercover

Ajouter Votre Commentaire >

Margaret Cho
Margaret Cho
Etats Unis

Fashion Undercover

I have been on many worst dress lists and frankly I don’t really care. Recently I went to a black tie function in jeans and a T-shirt.

I’m not into sparkly spike heels; I’m very much about my clogs. I don’t really want to go to a make up artist or get my hair done: because that’s not who I am and not what my message is about.

How much do you care what your clothes say about you?

Originally published in the Imagining Ourselves exhibition.

Grace Kadzere
Grace Kadzere
Afrique du Sud

Clothes

Good for you, if what you wear does not affect you. I am very much affected by what l wear, if l go to a black tie event in white-washed jeans trust you me my confidence levels drop from 100 to zero. I believe that deep within worries about what we are wearing because as cruel as it is and unfair, the world will judge you by the way you are dressed before you even present yourself...

Still searching for my own sense of style

I recently went to a salon to have my hair and makeup done for the first time for a black tie event. While there is no way that I could have done the "up-do" hair and "glammed" face myself, I didn't recognize myself in the mirror afterwards. Perhaps that was a good thing, as I've become accustomed to a certain "me" and needed a change. But I also felt like a certain standard of what was beautiful was literally being hairsprayed and caked on to me, which was not my "look." I've stopped trying to figure out whether "clothes make the woman" or "it's what on the inside that counts" because neither is totally true, in my life experience. I think it's about finding a style where the inside and outside resonate with each other. Some days, putting on something fancy definitely uplifts my spirit. Other day, I'm glowing no matter what I wear.

cynthia
Etats Unis

since I design jewelry, my clothing tends to be more of a background for my designs...I HATE, HATE, HATE having fashion defined for me! I have my absurd days, my turquoise days, my black days (have a lot of those...it just shows my jewelry off so good!) and at 53, I feel no pressure whatsoever to do the spike heel thing ever again, no matter how well defined they make my calves appear...I like swirly skirts because I like to see the way the fabric moves...when it's hot i like clothes that flow against my body and don't cling. If anyone likes what I'm wearing, it's usually because its something I feel good in and it shows...could be ten years old, one of my thrift shop finds or something by a teenage designer. wow...I sure wouldn't have said this twenty years ago!

Utilisateur Supprimé

Fashion is Political

Have you had a chance to read the Museum's fascinating interview with the Pulitzer Prize-winning fashion editor Robin Givhan? It is a featured story for the month of April exhibition called "What does power look like?" The interview is a must read!

maha saedaway
maha saedaway
Etats Unis

fashion under cover slim&sleek

FASHION UNDER COVER
FOR SLEEK SLIM LOOK

DO NOT WEAR WROG SIZE, DO NOT WAER TOO MUCH FABRIC . HIGH HEEL MAY MAKE CLOHES CATCH UNDER , SEMI FIT GARMENTS IS VERY FEMINIE .
WEAR LIGHT WIEGHT ,SOFT FABRIC ,MOISTURE TRANSFER FABRIC REGULATE BODY TEMPRATURE
DARK COLOR ,GREY , NAVY IS THE BEST COLOR FOR SLIM LOOK ,WITH NO EMALLISHMENTS .
SLEEVLESS TOP FEATURE CURVAL VERTICAL LINES ALSO FOR GOOD SHAPE BODY .
WEAR BRIGHT COLOR , VIBRANT SHADES

TRYING LOTS OF BRAND & STYLE CHANGE AS THE PERSONALITY CHANGE

what i wear means alot to me.the better i look or think i look directly affects my confidence level. but i don't believe in not being myself or making myself uncomfortable by wearing clothes that are too tight, exposes my body or applying too much makeup.

..Of Jeans & Sari's

Interesting comments...I must confess, I do revel dressing well, however, my attire is strictly based on what makes me feel good. Being a South Asian, I fancy wearing sari's to the black-tie functions and abandoned the dreadful black gowns! What is important is to "feel" the energy from within and that in itself exudes the confidence-externally. On many weekends, one can find me wearing jeans and a kurtha (South asian long shirt)....There are many pressures for a woman to look a certain way(the barbie image), and those are the times I cringe when I see women trying to fit the image. Not for me! A woman should create her own style and not emulate iconic images or others. Cheers!

guccifans
Etats Unis

2008 -- Clone style and status:designer bags in Luxuworld.com

2008 -- Clone style and status:designer bags in Luxuworld.com
--The magic of replica bring you a luxurious “pumpkin”carriage

Sometimes,I think about how can I clone the life and soul of high society.Everygirl dreams to possess of her prince like Cinderella ,and boys? Change into a handsome and distinguished prince from a lovely frog.

Enchanter help Cinderella archieve her desire,She dot the pumpkin and Cinderella have a luxurious carriage.The magic is so powerful that no one can identify it’s a pumpkin..

Now Luxuworld will give you this magic and help you to clone the life and soul of high society.

Infact,Gucci Bags in Luxuworld aren’t cheap “pumpkin”.She use the best raw materials comes from the same original region as LV forensic factory useing.

Luxuworld has been dedicated in this magic work over 8 years.And the great replicating magic roots in cloning of the authority factory craft and original edition design drawing.Further more,every piece of raw material and accessories,such as a popper button,is valuated by our quality control workshop.

Luxuworld loves so much Gucci bags just like you.So,we can shake the magic stick and send you clone style and status, a perfect replica Gucci bags.Come Luxuworld.com please,get the best and newest Gucci handbags~

Luxuworld is dedicated to providing the best and newest Gucci, CHANEL, Gucci replica purses, other designer handbags
at a fraction of the cost. We have been purchasing original designer handbags, and shipping them to our factories in Asia. We then inspect every nook and cranny and purchase the same materials to ensure that the products we manufacture are virtually indistinguishable from the designer originals in every way. There are cheaper replicas on the market, but there are no better replicas available anywhere. We are trusted because of our explicit attention to detail and attentive customer support, we specialize in wholesale and retail replica handbags.

Comment Perdre 3 à 5 Kg par Semaine Naturellement

http://go.736d696c65z2ec636f6e636570746f6e65.5.1tpe.net

Balises : www.onixmoda.com , Fashion trends , Shaheen Sultan Dhanji , Society , Empowerment , Culture , Reflections , Shaheen Sultan Dhanji

Connexion

RSS