As the knives come out and the back stabbing begins inside the GOP, it is interesting how the McCain camp's spin is to point out Sarah Palin's short-comings.

While I am of the belief that Mrs. Palin's knowledge and readiness for the national spotlight was a new low for any person vying for such a high position - the McCain camp should remember that it was they who chose Sarah Palin (of course by now we have a good idea why) over a seasoned and experienced woman for Mr. McCain's running mate.
It was there decision to closet her away once they felt that they had convinced the voters that they were a party supporting progressive ideas and change by choosing a woman for the ticket. Mrs. Palin's “coming-out” at the convention did convince many voters, mainly those of the republican base, and although I am not sure that allowing her free reign with the press would have changed things that much, at the very least the opportunity should have been available to her. In the end she became her own worst enemy, but I wonder how much of that came from frustration and the shackles placed on her by the McCain handlers.

Placing the blame on her for the woefully ill-focused campaign, is way off the mark....when you put some thought to the whys and reasons for, consider the choices made by the McCain team, the lack of any cohesive strategy, the environment that the race was run in. Then add as a footnote the choice of Sarah Palin, as a poorly thought through tactical move by the McCain team to capture Hillary Clinton's disillusioned supporters.
I am not here to justify Sara Palin's lack of readiness, but to use her as an example. To emphasize how careful women should remain when offered an opportunity of a position of power (in any arena) and how compromising can backfire on us when we are asked and agree, to be utilized for someone else's gain, no matter what the position seems to offer.