Feedback for I.M.O.W.: How Do YOU Exhibit Change?

Add your Comment >

IMOW Team
IMOW Team
United States

How Do YOU Exhibit Change?

Now is your chance to be our poster women! Show us how you exhibit change.

We're asking our community of artists, activists teachers, parents and concerned citizens to submit their answers to the question "How do you exhibit change?" Write your answer on our poster and take a picture with it for our Web site.

To participate:1 - Download and print the poster below.

2 - Write your answer in the space provided.

3 - Ask someone to take a picture of you holding it.

4 - Log in to your profile and post it to this thread by clicking the reply button.

5 - In your reply, type a short statement about why you chose your word, add your photo, and then click the submit button.

We can't wait to see how you exhibit change!

()
Shaila Abdullah
Shaila Abdullah
United States

I exhibit change by writing about it

I use the tool of fiction writing to talk about change, using my characters as agents of change.

View my story in Exhibiting You: Amulet for the Caged Dove

www.shailaabdullah.com

(Shaila Abdullah)
Carmen Milagro
Carmen Milagro
United States

I exhibit change by...

Investing in our children, namely, our future through the creation of my local SF music program called Peanut Butter & JAMMusic Sessions for Kids (www.pbjamm.org)

PBJAMM.ORG (Rich Armstrong)
Haya
Haya
Pakistan

Imparting knowledge gained

It is while teaching that I find I keep evolving in my own thought process.

I welcome change by imparting what I know to those around me-in order to grow as well.

View my story in Exhibiting You: Expanding the Arc

Imparting knowledge gained ()

Believe in it!

I believe art can change our life experiences and make them more complete.

View my story in Exhibiting You: Sprouting Water

believe in it (patricia tinajero)

I Exhibit Change BY

Today the woman opened the locked doors...
And today she is more closer to other women much more than before.
we are hearing each other...
we are singing to each other...
we are knocking the doors of the violence to each other...
we are sharing our exprences
All of that is making us feel more safety, confident, and full of power to change.

View my story in Exhibiting You: The Humanity Practice

Caroline Lovell
Caroline Lovell
United States

Making Art!

Making Art frees the soul. It is healing to imagine and create without restrictions.

View my story in Exhibiting You: Traveling Postcards

()

by Changing the i

Hi,
I think by changing our way of seeing Things...can exhibit change. It's all about perception.

Eye does it all ()
Julia Halprin Jackson
Julia Halprin Jackson
United States

I Exhibit Change by Giving a Damn

That's right. I care about what I do, whether that is writing short stories, organizing school orientation for international students, voting in presidential and local elections alike, taking care of my body, or learning about other cultures. I don't understand apathy, and believe that we have to have passion to create change.

I exhibit change by photographing the world that's evolving around me

Many times our world changes so slowly, that over the course of many years, we lose track of where we're heading and what our point was. My job is to freeze moments and situations so that later we can look back and refresh our memories, and see just how far we've come.

I Exhibit Change by photographing the world that's constantly evolving around me.
(Melissa Maples)

with honesty and openness

Real change starts at home.

I exhibit change with honesty and openness
jean hart
jean hart
United States

I exhibit change by donating my artwork

I donate my artwork to organizations that I believe in. This painting was given to my local childrens library.

Library Girl ()
Lalita Raman
Lalita Raman
Hong Kong

I Exhibit Change By

-Charity Begins at Home is something most of us have learnt but some of us forget that as we go along with our daily lives
- Although I come from India. even while I was in India.. I never used to throw trash on the road but keep it in my pocket till I find a trash bin or alternatively bring it home to bin. This may strike many of you as strange but it is these small things that can make a big difference.
-Being Kind to others... saying hello to my sweeper, to the Barista at Starbucks, or even treating coffee or cake to the staff at my regular coffee outlet.

These are the things I do to exhibit change. Change may be small, but I have seen people notice this and do similar things. It all starts from the heart and proof is in the pudding.

Barsha Hamal
Barsha Hamal
United States

I exhibit change

by embracing differences of opinion. A simple acceptance can make all the difference!

()
Vicki Dye
Vicki Dye
United States

Agreed...

Seeing myself as beautiful means I see the world as beautiful and anything beautiful i see, must also be a part of me.

Kellyann
Kellyann
United States

Great work! kellyannart.com

It's a pleasure participating with imow.org. Congrats! Kellyann Gilson Lyman,

Tags: Carmen Milagro , Change , Karima Zuhair , Patricia Tinajero , Art , Haya , Shaila Abdullah , Learning , Caroline Lovell